Never restart a journey and use the same road that failed you before.
My life story in 10 points
A geophysicist.Blogger, writer and poet.
- First created a blog when I was in university circa 2008. Blogging on and off but always ended up deleting my posts. I bought the domain aishahkamaludin.com on May 2017. This will last, insyaAllah.
- Love poetry. Writing and reciting them since I was in high school. Probably had performed twice in college.
- Love writing and journalling. Always have a diary/journal with me. I am very much influenced by my mother, she documents everything. Because of that, my other siblings must have kept a journal too in any part of their lives.
- Got married too early at 20 years old with my classmate. Married for 7 years before divorcing with two beautiful and talented kids. My ex now, is a wonderful father to them.
- My divorce in early 2016 is a big turning point for me. I learned so many things to keep myself distracted from being depressed. Random things that I learned include minimalism, photography, videography, social media marketing, writing, copywriting, storytelling and of course, blogging.
- Since then, I also start to pay more attention to my appearance. I learned basic makeup that gets me beautiful pictures on Instagram – now I look 10 times prettier in pictures. In real life, I am just a normal looking girl (but yes, beautiful in my own way). However, I do not own more than 50 items of clothing to validate my sense of style. That 50 includes bags, shoes, hijab and undergarments.
- Being divorced affected my financial so much because I was so used to having support. So, I learned how to manage my wallet and discovered minimalism. Never turning back since that.
- Exploring online resources makes me obsessed with self-development. I’m a full-time learner now. I read daily and very passionate to share what I’ve read with my friends and loved one.
- I created this blog because my boyfriend is already tired listening to me. Just kidding.
I love noodle soup.