I always have doubt about re-editing older blog posts.
But reading my blog back and forth with the strong urge to change wee bit here and there, makes me changes my perspective towards that. Now I think it’s OK to come back to your older posts and edit them, as long as you don’t confuse your readers.
What I mean by ‘confusing the readers’ is, for example if by editing, you change an idea that totally contradicts with what you’ve said before and pretend that you never said it – that, most probably would jeopardize your credibility.
So here’s my version of 10 Things to Improve in Your Older Blog Posts:-
1. Grammar and style
2. Readability (flow)
3. Pictures – i.e, edit, resize, re-position, put watermark
4. Include links to your other related post
5. Write updates on review and stories
6. Length – write more if it’s too short, or summarize or make it into 2 posts if it’s too long
7. Improve SEO – Keywords, categories and tags
8. Enphasize – Bold, underline, or make certain text bigger to highlight your points
9. Overall text and picture alignment, if it agrees to your current blog style
10. Relevant – Edit to make the post relatable to the current theme/focus of your blog
I used to delete my blog posts, and even my blog several times because I don’t like how my posts sounded and looked. Ahhh silly. I should have just edited them, right.
I’m not saying all of these are necessary though because some people love to see how they grow in writing and publishing. However, I’m seeing a blog as your whole writing profile because whoever that come to love your latest post might dig up a little bit deeper to your older post to find similar content.
Oh oh please don’t go to my older post just yet – I haven’t finished editing them all. Ahaha.